This A2 SRAM TLD Racing Helmet from Troy Lee Designs redefines MTB style, safety, ventilation and comfort. This is the first Mountain Bike helmet to combine EPS and EPP (fast and slow speed impacts) into one lustrous package.
Powerful Cooling Efficiency
The huge air intakes are 25% larger than TLD's A1 helmet and are connected to enormous exhaust ports through deep internal channels to ensure powerful cooling efficiency. This helmet is also equipped with MIPS™, a patented brain protection system developed to reduce rotational violence to the brain from angled impacts.
The X-Static® pure silver comfort liner ensures high-performance odour protection and quick-drying moisture-wicking to keep you comfortable and dry all day long. The dual-density EPS has been co-moulded with EPP to provide high-tech impact energy management at high and low speeds plus everything in between.
This helmet has 16% more EPS+EPP in the frontal lobe, as well as raised EPS splines to offer more protection in the most common impact zones while the rear stabiliser fit system with slimline, flexible arms has three-position front and rear locations to allow for a personalised fit.
Value for Money
This full-featured, value for money A2 SRAM TLD Racing Helmet also benefits from an expanded field of view that works with both glasses and goggles and there are multiple storage locations for the glasses. A ventilated storage bag for the helmet and a sticker kit are also included.
- Huge air intakes
- MIPS brain protection system
- X-Static® pure silver comfort liner
- Dual-density EPS co-moulded with EPP
- 16% more EPS+EPP in the frontal lobe
- Raised EPS splines
- Aerospace filament-reinforced polycarbonate shell
- Break-away anodised aluminium visor screws
- Rear stabiliser fit system with 3-position front and rear locations
- Expanded field of view
- Multiple storage locations for glasses
- Low-profile fixed strap dividers for a no-fuss fit every time (AUS/NZ A2 helmets have low-profile adjustable strap dividers for a custom fit)
- Fit kit
- Ventilated storage bag for helmet
- Sticker kit
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
- Meets or exceeds CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063:2008
- Weight: 350g (size M/L)
MIPS™: This helmet is equipped with MIPS™. It is a patented brain protection system developed to reduce rotational violence causing strain in the brain at angled impacts. MIPS™ mimics the brain’s own protection system by adding a low-friction layer between the head and the helmet.
A helmet with MIPS™ can absorb more energy from an angled impact. Conventional helmets are tested by dropping them vertically onto a flat surface. MIPS™ is designed and tested for reality, reflecting how most accidents occur, with angled impacts to the head. MIPS™ raises the bar for helmet safety.
X-Static®: X-Static uses natural silver to provide heat conductive and antimicrobial properties to help keep you free of odour-causing bacteria and fungus.